8th European Annual Symposium EU Funds 2013: Transition to the next programming period 2014-2020 March 11th – 13th 2013, Berlin
The European Academy for Taxes, Economics & Law is delighted to announce the “8th European Annual Symposium EU Funds 2013”, which will take place from March 11th to March 13th 2013 in Berlin.
Under the kind patronage of Johannes Hahn, the EU Commissioner for Regional Development
This must-attend European Symposium brings together around 500 EU Funds practitioners from all over Europe and enables the exchange of knowledge, experience and best practices between all relevant actors from the EU Institutions and the Member States. The annual European Symposium provides an insight in red-hot EU Funds issues. Within two symposium-days and one workshop-day around 25 speakers will steer their clear focus on how to manage the transition to the next programming period 2014-2020.
Topics will include among others:
- The main elements of the new Cohesion Policy – what do they mean in practice
- How to set up Operational Programmes within the new funding regime and ensure maximum absorption
- The new integrated approach – securing that the various funds achieve coherent goals
At the 8th European Annual Symposium EU Funds 2013 the participants will have the one-in-a-year chance to exchange experiences and to get answers of their questions from top EU Funds experts, representing all important European and national institutions involved in the management as well as in the strategy of EU Funds.
Among the speakers will be:
- Dirk Ahner, Special Advisor to the European Commissioner for Agriculture and Rural Development and former Director-General for Regional Development, European Commission
- Mark Schelfhout, Head of Unit Shared Management, DG Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion, European Commission
- Martin Weber, Head of Audit Unit ERDF, Transport and Energy, European Court of Auditors
- Piotr Stołowski, Head of Region, Regional Business Development, European Investment Fund
- Heikki Aurasmaa, Director General, Regional Department, Ministry of Employment and Economy, Finland
- Louis Vervloet, General Director, ESF Agency Flanders, Belgium
- Dr. Hubert Hämmerle, Deputy Head of Department for European Affairs and External Relations, Regional Government of Vorarlberg, Austria
The 8th European Annual Symposium EU Funds 2013 offers a number of parallel lectures – participants can design their individual timetable. Special networking possibilities in high class surrounding will be ensured.
All details regarding the programme as well as the registration form are available here.