“Conditions for innovation clusters formation” session will be held during VI AEF, on 22 May 2013
The Ministry of Economy and Budget Planning of the Republic of Kazakhstan and Economic Research Institute are organizing the session entitled Conditions for innovation clusters formation which will be held on May 22, 2013 within the VI Astana Economic Forum. The session’s audience will include representatives of leading innovation centers (universities, technology parks, innopolises and think tanks), top 30 global innovation managers, and representatives of governments, international engineering centers, as well as innovation and venture companies.
Today we witness significant changes in the global economic paradigm. The economic landscape is changing; the third industrial revolution and the “big reset” of the world architecture are about to happen. In these conditions countries have to address new economic challenges.
The governments should choose whether they support traditional large-scale sectors or transfer to new emerging ones. Today’s global trend is a formation of a post-industrial model of development based on innovative approaches and future economy (knowledge economy).
Developed and emerging countries as well as Kazakhstan support development of centers of technology transfer, business incubators, technology parks, special economic zones, innopolises, and clusters of new generation.
The session aims at providing an opportunity to share experience in cluster policy, support mechanisms, financing and management of innovation development, and opportunity for representatives of government, business and science to discuss main issues of strategic partnership and cooperation.
The following key issues will be discussed:
– ensuring cooperation between science, business and government;
– involvement of intellectual, investment and raw resources of the country in creation of innovation system;
– application of foreign experience in stimulation of innovation activity in Kazakhstan;
– modernization of science and technology policy in order to create innovation clusters;
– global trends in innovation economy development, defining a perspective model in innovation clustering.