Entrepreneurship in Kazakhstan: challenges and opportunities
On May 22 Fund “Damu” will hold a press conference in Astana at 12:00 in Media City within the VI Astana Economic Forum. A day later on May 23, Fund “Damu” will hold a special panel session – “Entrepreneurship in Kazakhstan: Challenges and Opportunities.”
The press conference on May 22 will be attended by the Chairman of the Institute for Market Economics (IME) Krassen Stanchev, Chairwoman of the Board of the Fund “Damu” Lyazzat Ibragimova, Director of International Centre for Entrepreneurship and Career Development (ICECD) Hina Shah, President of Astana Group holding company Nurlan Smagulov and President of LLP «Resmi Group Ltd.» Kairat Mazhibayev.
The upcoming press conference, as well as the panel session will focus on following issues:
- The role of small and medium enterprises in the Republic of Kazakhstan, as well as in the international context;
- Barriers faced by SMEs in the Republic of Kazakhstan, including in the innovation process;
- Foreign experience in stimulating innovation in the SME sector, the experience of the most effective measures and instruments to support innovative start-ups (PARP, KODIT, SBC);
- Actual issues of a creation of sustainable financial infrastructure to support innovative SMEs;
- Discussion of the activities of institutions involved in the development of SMEs in Kazakhstan, informing entrepreneurs about available support measures for SMEs and measures to improve the business climate (Fund “Damu”);
- Discussion of optimal solutions to stimulate growth of innovative SMEs in Kazakhstan.
Concrete proposals to further improve the support system for SMEs in Kazakhstan will be put forth as a result of discussions, taking into account the international experience.