On 23 May 2013 the session “Human capital- the basis for knowledge economy development” will be held during VI AEF
On May 23th, 2013, the Ministry of Economy and Budget Planning and “Economic Research Institute” JSC within the VI Astana Economic Forum will hold a panel session on “Human capital- the basis for knowledge economy development” involving representatives of public authorities, scientist-economists, foreign and national experts who deal with problems of human capital development and competitive policy formation.
In the reality of modern life the striving to increase competitiveness of national economy intensifies focus on transition to the new format – a “knowledge economy”. Creative and innovative human capital is the key factor in “knowledge economy” formation and development.
Necessity for forming the new principles of the national policy, based on increase in labor productivity, living standards, quality of education, health care system, recreation and culture spheres dictates the choice in favor of the human capital. Within the human capital development the most important is an affordance of the “second chance” as implementing the policy of “equal opportunities” for professional knowledge and skills development, professional advancement throughout life.
For that purpose it is required to form priority guidelines of the state and society interaction, to implement minimum social standards, providing realization of state guarantees specified in the Constitution of the Republic of Kazakhstan. Introduction of State Standards system should be the beginning on way of formation of requirements to volume and quality of the investments in human capital development, building of “economy of knowledge”.
The purpose of this panel session is studying of the international experiment on human resources development, to determine the impact of the human capital on economic growth, and competitiveness of the countries, as well as identify problems and involvement of representatives of government bodies, corporations, business and representatives of scientific community in dialogue on strategic partnership and cooperation.
The following topical issues will be discussed at the session:
New model of social policy:
- Social model of the state and social unity;
- Equal opportunities for all: responsibility for a choice, not for circumstances;
- System of the state social standards: search of economic and social efficiency limits;
- Social guarantee, social norms and standards: subject field, measurement and budgetary security;
- Social integration and consolidation of nation: new challenges in the period of the global crisis.
New quality of human resources in the “knowledge economy”
- Social innovations: search and efficiency of application;
- Innovative forms of employment in post-industrial economy;
- New type workers matrix: high mobility and universalism, adaptability and innovation;
- New generation on a labor market: stimulation to innovations and business;
- From model of the state social protection to model of the quality life state.